If space is a problem around your home,this handy little plant stand could be the answer. The two bottom shelves provide ample space for small and medium size plants,while the top shelf can accommodate plants of slightly larger size.
List of Plant Stand Materials
(finished dimensions in inches)
|A||two||1-1/2 x 3 – 1/2 x 22||Base pieces|
|B||four||1-1/2 x 3 – 1/2 x 20||Legs|
|C||two||1-1/2 x 3 – 1/2 x 7 – 1/2||Braces|
|D||three||3/4 x 7 – 1/4 x 30||Shelves|
10d Galvanized Nails
Water-resistant Wood Glue
Plant Stand Project Building Steps
- Cut all the pieces to size according to the dimensions given.
- Cut a 22° bevel on each end of each leg(B) so that, when installed, the legs will slant in but their ends will remain parallel.
- Measure from the outside edge2″across the beveled end at the top of each leg and square a line down from that point. Cut along those lines to create the joints between legs shown in the drawing.
- Place a pair of legs together on a flat surface and lay a brace(C) across their upper ends.Adjust the brace so that its upper edge is parallel to and 3/4″ below the upper ends of the legs.Mark and trim the ends of the brace so they will be flush with the outside edges of the legs. Repeat with the other brace and pair of legs.
- Begin the assembly of the standby laying each pair of legs across its brace and base piece(A) . Make sure the bottom edges of the legs and base are flush and that the base extends an equal distance to either side. Fasten the legs to the base and brace using water-resistant wood glue and 10d galvanized nails. If working with redwood,blunt the ends of the nails before using.
- Set the two leg units upright and fit the shelves(D) between them.Make sure the outer edge of each lower shelf is flush with the ends of the base and that the upper shelf is centered over the braces.Fasten the shelves in place sing water-resistant wood glue and 10d galvanized nails.
- Blunt any penetrating nail ends and break over all sharp edges. Apply a water-resistant finish.
You Can Download More Plant Stand Plans From Downloadable Fine Woodworking Plans.
Popularity: 9% [?]